Saturday, July 19, 2008

Day 8 - Boulder

Our busiest day of the trip, we crammed a whole heck of a lot in to our one full day in one of my favorite places. We decided to splurge and get a fancy room at a fancy hotel right downtown Boulder, the Boulderado.


{our room}


{the view}

Up early and off to breakfast at my favorite place. This was Ellie's first time in a restaurant highchair, which she enjoyed. Yummy Creole food with the best biscuits I've ever had.





Then we hung out on the Pearl Street mall, and went to the best toy and kite shop ever. Couldn't resist buying a few things, but they fold flat so it's okay.



Then to a favorite old hangout to meet up with a new friend and her daughter for lunch and a beer and more mall walking. In case you're reading this, I was so very not underwhelmed and had a great time chatting "IRL." We apparently chose the hottest weekend of the year to visit so our mall walking was limited but still fun.



Then back to the hotel for a quick nap and to get all dressed up for the wedding that evening. The wedding was perfect, very laid back, perfect weather, perfect size. The bride looked lovely, the groom couldn't stop smiling, and both glowed. It was a beautiful outdoor setting, an absolutely wonderful jazz quartet playing. Really, a very, very classy and fun evening. The wedding also gave us a chance to catch up with a bunch of old friends that we hadn't seen in quite awhile, including my old roommate and her husband who I wish we lived closer to. We chose opposite coasts and it's been hard to keep in touch.




{the happy couple}



Thanks to Nat for taking what I think is our first family portrait since Christmas.

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm sorry I missed you while you were here but it looks like you're having a fun vacation. The day by day account is great. I'm nowhere near that good on our blog, always behind on posting things then I have an inspiration for a few days and play catch up. Your blog is fun to read!

Dawn said...

I love the picture of Ellie "watching" the wedding. Hope your having fun.

Martina said...

it looks like you're having a great time!! :)

McLeodx5 said...

i love ellie's dress! and i LOVE the family picture!!! what a fun vacation you're having!