Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Shower

Ellie absolutely hates getting her hair wet these days. I have no idea what happened. But it's made bath time unbearable. So, instead of sad showers that end with "no mommy no!" let's talk happy ones.

Pete's cousin is having a baby. Any day now. I'm surprised he hasn't arrived yet. But he hasn't. Which means this isn't as out-of-date as it could have been.

His aunt and uncle held a nice little baby shower for her right before Easter.


It ended up being a little surprising for us because I decided to make a diaper cake at the last minute, having never made one before, and it actually came out kind of cute (if I do say so myself). And because Ellie suddenly decided that maybe Scruncle (Scruncle = Scary+Uncle) isn't so scary after all.



{awwwwwwwww}

She still doesn't like sitting on Grandma's lap. Sorry, Grandma.



1 comment:

Beth said...

There's that beautiful diaper cake! Nice job! The shower looked like a lot of fun!