Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Pumpkin Carving

We had a great time last Halloween, so even though it's been awhile I wanted to at least write something official about it.

Our little town (technically a suburb I guess but it doesn't feel like a suburb) had a pumpkin carving event!


They had a bunch of tables set up with carving equipment and a bunch of pumpkins available to carve. You just picked one and tried to find an open spot at a table and carved away. Check out this pumpkin! It's huge!


There were tons of families, they had a little bandstand with local musicians and the kids enjoyed dancing.


Ellie helped decorate, and I used her lines as a guide. I think it turned out pretty cute.



A couple of days later they'd taken all the pumpkins and arranged them along a path in the woods and you could go on a pumpkin hike. It was muddy and a little drizzly and Pete was out of town so I didn't get any pictures and I had to carry Ellie the whole way. But it was so neat to see all the pumpkins and look for ours.


Looking forward to this year!!

No comments: